We had another big snowstorm, which dropped about a foot of very heavy wet snow. It took me about 3 hours to get home mostly due to cars getting stuck going up hills where the water had frozen on the road, thereby blocking all traffic.
Fortunately it is melting, slowly, allowing a good steady moistening of the ground underneath. There is some green coming up where I had seeded the wildflowers, and some of the perennials are showing shoots at their bases.
It wasn't that long ago, but I can't remember what seed I scattered where. I did tend to plant in masses. I was in a hurry to get it done because we also had a light native grass mix sprayed onto the dirt areas with a cellulose "fixer" to hold the seed. Hopefully, it will grow in well or we'll have a lot of area to clean up and redo.
I spread a mix of perennial and annual flowers. The perennials may not bloom until their second year, and hopefully the annuals will provide a good enough show. I did plant a lot, and some of the seed was costly, but for the number of seeds per pound, if only 2-3% of the perennials survive, it will more than pay for itself compared to what we would pay for a ready- to- plant plant
Here's a sample of some of the flower seeds I bought. These are from American Meadows. I still have a few pounds of seeds to plant, but they needed to wait for spring planting.